Human Dynamics is a specialised provider of consulting services for public sector clients, with a focus on transition and developing countries.
For more information, please find us on https://www.humandynamics.org
In the framework of the European Union funded technical assistance project “Technical assistance in Sierra Leone in the areas of Civil Service Reform, Parliament and the electoral cycle, reference EuropeAid/138958/DH/SER/SL” we are looking for:
Capacity building experts (2) – FOR THE OFFICE OF THE CLERK OF SIERRA LEONE PARLIAMENT
Expected Start date:
Early August, 2019
Number of positions/experts:
2 with 1 serving as Team Leader
Location(s) of assignment:
Experts will work from their offices. No field mission is foreseen outside of Freetown, Sierra Leone
Number of work days:
30 work days per expert
The requested services will involve working closely with the Clerk of Parliament (and DePAC) under the guidance of the Long-Term Key Expert for the Component.
The specific tasks will include:
a) Meeting and coordination with Parliament and the PMU at the start of the mission – including one start-up meeting and then ongoing coordination with Parliament as well as the PMU throughout the mission.
b) A comprehensive desk review of the relevant literature related to the SL Parliament and the workings of the Office of Clerk of Parliament.
c) A review and analysis of capacity assessment of the staff under the Office of the Clerk in relation to the specific objective.
d) Following consultations with the staff under the COP’s office and DePAC, develop a training plan, modules and notes for conducting the capacity building of the identified staff. This should cover, as a minimum, the following areas:
– Managing space and diary of the Clerk- Training for the Principal Assist to the office of the Clerk.
– Training on filing system in the office of the Clerk
– Planning briefings for the Clerk
– Financial Management Training for the Clerk
– Training on Speakers briefing
– Training for the secretaries to the Clerk on report and minutes writing
– Using ICT to develop daily schedule for the Clerk of Parliament
e) Conduct tailor made trainings for the staff of the COP and accompany them in implementing on a hands-on basis in their workspace.
f) Produce reference materials that the beneficiaries of the capacity building initiatives can use beyond the training time.
Qualifications and skills:
• Advanced university degree in law, human rights, political science or related field.
• Proven team leadership, team coordination and client liaison abilities – for the team leader.
General professional experience:
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience.
• Proven experience in conducting sector specific trainings and capacity building focusing on the areas outlined in this mission.
Specific professional experience:
• Proven knowledge and experience in providing the type of anticipated training for corporate organisations, Parliament, MDAs or similar in Sierra Leone is essential.
• Proven experience in the area of institutional strengthening through policy advice/analysis in Sierra Leone is essential.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in providing trainings, mentorship and capacity building in administration and office management in Sierra Leone is essential.
• Proven knowledge and experience of organisational development and change management is essential.
• Knowledge of democratic governance policy imperatives in sub-Sharan Africa is considered an asset, especially in Parliamentary Administrative & Management.
The expert should have the following skills and competences:
• Excellent communication skills and fluent in spoken and written English;
• Excellent analytical competence and interview skills;
• Active listening skills and strong report writing skills;
• Ability to operate within a multi-sectoral and multi-cultural context;
• Sound knowledge of modern Parliamentary function and an understanding of theory and practice of Parliamentary Committees.
Please send your CV, cover letter, copies of relevant certificate & employers’ references to Mr Orison Chaponda: email@example.com and Mrs Finda Fraser: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for submission of CVs 31st July, 2019. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply